Proverbs 31

Proverbs 31: Encouragement for Today

Sunday, January 23, 2011

New week, Blessings, Random thoughts

It's Sunday night, Clash of the Titans is on, i'm dreading the work week, but also marveling at how fast January hs flown by. Why can't I get my act together though, and remember the important stuff -- like my mom's B'day. Forgotten once again. I do try to be a better daughter, mother, friend and I guess as long as I am trying I haven't totally failed -- but sometimes it feels like it. Just going to have to do better.

As I consider my quest to be a better person, I am forced to take stock of my many blessings -- my health, 2 beautiful, successful children, 5 wonderful grandchildren, my mom who is still driving, the rest of my family and a husband who loves me enough to continue our life together for the past 41 years. Given these blessings and resources, I'm trying to figure out how best to use them to do better including getting organized and cleaning my house.

Other Random Thoughts:

I want a dog,




and this is the dog I want: His name is Tom and I'm in love. I actually e-mailed the breeder to find out what the next steps are. We'll see I'm gonna need to call in some favors and say many prayers that I make the right decision and that Ed will at least like the idea of a new animal in our lives.

We've been trying to go greener and I discovered a new blog/website: http://www.greengarbageproject.com dedicated to reducing your carbon footprint over a year. The authors produced only 4 pounds of garbage over the course of a year -- Maybe there will be some good ideas I can use.

I worked from home today, Monday -- Love it when I can do that. More next time.

1 comment: